We had been planning to go down and do some shopping. We did manage to avoid all the traffic.. we went down Thursday and came back Saturday during the game.
Here is one of the main reasons we went.
I had never been to IKEA although I had only heard great things about it.. It was wonderful! They have great furniture and it's all pretty cheap. The best part it doesn't look like normal cheap furniture looks.
We went on Friday to scope things out because they were having a sale on Saturday. Our plan to get a dining room table or maybe some new chairs for the living room..
We were also going to pick up some pots and pans for Nate's sister Angela.. there was a set of four pots and pans on sale for $20.. they are usually $60.
So, we went in Saturday and when we got there we found this....
Nate compared it to the old Tickle Me Elmo craze at Christmas.. hundreds of people literally fighting for these pots and pans. We got there 15 minutes after they opened and the first sets were already gone.
They brought out two more crates and I was scared for my life. The IKEA guy was telling people to back up and all the sudden they attacked him. All I could hear was screaming and loud banging. Then I saw cardboard flying in the air and before I knew it all the pots and pans were gone.
We decided we were not waiting for another palet.. Sorry Angela it's not worth a black eye!!
But on our way out of that section we ran into these people who had like 5 boxes of the pots and pans in their cart.. So, being the brave person I am I went up to this lady and said, "You know you are only allowed to get one." (because the sign said Limit 1) Then she said,"You want one?"
The result...
I sure hope Angela likes them!!
We also got these chairs.. I think they fit our living room very well.
2 comments:
You forgot to mention how you rescued your Uncle from Northwest Expressway and earned your Aunt's undying gratitude. (you already have her love!).
Do you know I have a blog at www.readknitsingclog.blogspot.com ?
Aunt Anita
Hey Chellie!
Glad to see you are on the bloggin' scene! I love keeping up with people and it's so easy to do it through a blog! I enjoyed yours!
Post a Comment