This week is awful. I really haven't had anything to post about lately, but guess I have something to say now.
Well, first, I found out Sunday that a young father from our Bible class at church has leukemia. He's already in the hospital and needs anyone that can to donate blood. I'm pretty sure he is O-positive. Please keep this family in your prayers.
Then I went to work Monday.. it was a typical Monday. Got to work then covered a stabbing on the southside where a guy died.
If you didn't watch the little documentary Crystal Darkness on Tuesday you should have. Everyone needs to know how much meth is affecting the society we live in. So, that's what I did the rest of Monday.. an interview with a lady who lost her adopted son to a meth and morphine overdose.
Tuesday was full of not only another meth story, but the death of four children in their mother. There is just too much evil in this world.. Today I covered that story once again only to find out that they were all strangled to death.. The youngest three years old.. How can anyone stangle four children? I have learned to accept and handle the death of adults, especially those I cover in a story, mainly because I understand that people make their own choices and I can't fix the situation. But no child chooses to live in a world of pain. No child chooses to have someone abuse them.. and no child should ever die at the hands of another person.
I just cannot believe how sick this world is. It truly frightens me to have children. I pray for my future children all the time that their little lives will be full of God and free of the pain and drama that fill this oh so sinful world.
It's weeks like this that I am ready more than ever to just go home to God (not that I'm contemplating anything, I just know if He took me I wouldn't have to deal with the junk this world has to offer).
4 comments:
I saw you this morning and thought to myself, I wonder how Chellie is handling covering that story? I'm sorry you have to report on horrendous stories like that. Now if I see you demonstrating how slick and hazardous the roads are tomorrow morning, I will really feel for you.
Chellie,
We hear you! Sometimes the world just looks so dark and dismal. It is so sad about those kids. I can't imagine covering a story like that....It turns my stomach to even think about it. I hope you can work through it!
Candice
Chellie i will be praying for you this week as well as the world thank you for bring us the news with out you we would know nothing
Chellie---so sorry that you heart is heavy with all this world hands out. I'll be praying for some positive stories ahead for you. You are excellent with your work, but this has been too heavy. Blessings over you...Mary Seat
Post a Comment