No, it's not done. In fact, it's still a long way from done, although it is really starting to come together! at least that's what I tell myself.
First, we don't do anything small apparently. Creating a nursery meant gutting the entire bedroom, adding insulation to the walls (they had none), getting new electrical wiring and a new ceiling fan/light, putting up new dry wall, taking down closet doors, shrinking the closet opening about 6 inches because it was way too large, adding sliding closet doors, having a guy we know come texture the walls, going to IKEA to pick up a dresser...
Now, last night Nate started priming the walls. Today Nate and his sister are supposed to start painting the walls. Hopefully they'll finish in a day or two... so the carpet people can come at the end of the week and put in the new carpet (it was on back order but they called yesterday and said it's in).
Then, maybe this weekend Nate and his dad can put the crib and dresser up, paint the dresser drawers and start on baseboards.
I still need to buy curtains.... I have to admit I am getting a little nervous because we have a shower this weekend with our family and a few of my close friends and I don't know where I'm going to put anything after I bring it home.
We had set a deadline of the end of September for it to be ready to go. However, we can't help that the texture guy couldn't come until this past weekend and that the carpet was on back order. Those two things can really hold a project up.
Hopefully by next week I can have pictures of an almost complete nursery. Our computer is still not plugged in, but once the new carpet is down it will get plugged in, I hope. We are getting new carpet in the room that the computer goes in too, but that's it. The rest of the house has wood or tile floors.
2 comments:
I think you are the only person I know who got new carpet right before the baby comes!! We are waiting until the "baby" is 5 or 6 to get new carpet! hahaha
I can't wait to see the nursery!!
Post a Comment