Monday, December 28, 2009

We Survived

What a busy few days... not only was it Brixton's first Christmas, but Nate's little sister got married over the weekend.
We were supposed to go to my parents on Christmas Eve, but the snow postponed that until Sunday. Christmas day Nate's family and his sisters new in-laws all ended up at our house (last minute decision) because it was the central meeting point between all the houses.. fortunately Nate's mom brought all the food and I didn't have to do anything except clean my house FAST!
(That's Nate's sister and her new husband Chris on the couch)
Brixton with Nate's mom (MeMaw)
Saturday was the wedding and yesterday we made it to my mom and dads.. whew.. glad that's over. In the midst of this we are trying to get B on a better sleep schedule.. not fun!
So tired....
We actually didn't get Brixton anything this year (well, I guess we got him an outfit). What does a two month old need? Besides we just had another shower for him the week before Christmas so we don't feel too bad. We figure we'll just tell him since he was up all night Santa didn't come, because Santa only comes to kids who sleep.
All this, and last week Nate and I both got sick Tuesday, went to the doctor Wednesday and our moms came over Wednesday to hang out with Brixton while we took a nap, went to the doctor and picked up our meds. Not to mention the snow. My car will not be leaving the garage until the 2-feet of snow blocking it melts.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I really like your hair long! I want more details about the wedding :) Merry Christmas!

Gena said...

Hey. I keep meaning to let you know that my sister in law has a two month old, and has two childcare openings in her home (starting in Jan.) Just wanted to let you know in case you needed someone!

Shelly said...

We haven't got our kids birthday presents for a while because they get so much from family. and this year they only got 4 Christmas gifts each.