It's 5:09 a.m. right now... I had a lot of ideas of things to post last night, but of course now I can't remember many of them. Oh well.
Brixton got his first haircut last week.

He wasn't too squirmy. I was getting my haircut so Nate brought him up and he sat on my lap to get his cut. We left a little rat tail in the back because 1)we thought it was funny 2)we wanted to see Nate's mom's reaction (she hates rat tails). Well, it's barely noticeable so Nate's mom didn't notice. You can see it if we point it out but not on your own. 
Here's the front.

I told some people at work I would try to make them breakfast here at the station today, but didn't bring any food. I wanted to, but just didn't have time to get it all together. Now I'm really hungry.
Nate and I are really in to that show "The Event." I think it's a show you have to watch from the beginning though. It jumps around a lot, but I really like it.
I don't think I'm going to dress Brixton up for Halloween. I know this was my Facebook post yesterday, but it got a lot of response so I feel like elaborating. 1)we'll be at a CR retreat that weekend 2) he can't eat the candy 3) I just don't see the point in paying $20 for a costume he'll wear one time 4) he won't understand why he has to wear the costume and will likely throw a fit when I put him in it 5)he's hard enough to hold on to, I can only imagine how much harder it will be to keep him from leaping out of my arms when he's in some bulky sock monkey/spider/cow/ whatever costume. 6)he's not going to remember and if he asks what he was his first Halloween I'll just say a ghost because he was born just before Halloween last year and wore a ghost onesie on the day.. so this year can easily get ignored.
And speaking of one year ago... Brixton will be 1 in less than TWO WEEKS!! I cannot believe he's that old already! Here's a picture from almost a year ago when he was just 9 days old... needless to say there's no way he would fit in this basket now (yes, we have tried to get another picture with the basket.. but he's too mobile now)

And this was me about a year ago...
I like this one better...
1 comment:
Surely someone has a costume you could borrow! I never pay $20. I buy off craigslist or ebay (just look for one's in OKC/Edmond) and I also go after halloween and get next years for like 2-5 bucks! I sold our little monkey costume Zane wore when he was 18 months or I'd give it to you. Last year at the CR retreat, all the kids dressed up and they had little activities and a hay ride and what not. I don't know if they will do that this year since we will be back in time for "real" halloween. Anyway. You can buy a used one and sell it afterwards! If not though, it will be ok. I don't think he will be traumatized too much if you skip a year! Ha.
Post a Comment