OK, I'm definitely not a designer, but our guest bathroom is quite a challenge! I really want to make it look better, but could use any ideas you may have. We aren't looking to gut it so I need to make paint work.
This bathroom has maroon tiles all around, a pink tube and a painted white tile border (yes the tile is painted, it was pink). The walls above the tile are random wall paper.
I'm thinking I'll paint all the cabinets white, and put some trim around the mirror to spruce it up. I don't know what to do about the walls above the tile, or the shower curtain.
Any ideas?
This bathroom has maroon tiles all around, a pink tube and a painted white tile border (yes the tile is painted, it was pink). The walls above the tile are random wall paper.
5 comments:
You can have the tub and tile refinished if you call a pro. Our realtor had told us that when we were looking at old houses.
You could get a new shower curtain rod - the kind that bends out and put a nice, dark chocolate curtain up. Painting the cabinets will help and then taking down wallpaper is a must. Painting the walls a nice neutral color might help neutralize the maroon/pink.
I'm don't have any great ideas on my own, but I'm good at copying something I like. Do you know Natalie Dlugonski from church? She is an interior designer...affordable...has fabulous, thrifty, use what you have but make it nice ideas!! I highly recommend her.
Hey Chellie,
I hope you don't mind me commenting. I'd either 1. Paint everything white (cabinets & walls), put white moulding around the mirror and hang a white shower curtain. Or 2. embrace the pink and maroon and hang a cute pink shower curtain (like toile) and cute pink accessories. (I'd still paint everything white though.) Good luck! Emily
Definitely paint the cabinets, that will make it updated in a quick and cheap way. You could even do black or grey, which would look cool with the maroon tiles. Then find a rug and shower curtain that pulls all of together. And remove that wallpaper! That's the first thing I did when we moved into our house.
Post a Comment