Wednesday, August 24, 2011

22 Months

I recently heard this quote about parenting: "The days are long, but the months/years are quick."So true!
I can't believe Brixton will be two in two months!He's so amazing! This kid talks non-stop. He loves to sing the B-I-B-L-E.. he used to say, "the B-I-B-I-B-L-E" but this week started saying it right. He also loves to sing, "Joy, Joy, Joy."
He's really in to jumping. It's so funny. The other day I picked him up from daycare and he said, "Momma, I jumpin'" But his feet never leave the ground.
He also loves to play basketball. We bought him a bigger goal recently and he always says, "I shoot." "Momma, Dadda come shoot." He and Nate play a little defense and he'll hit the ball away and say, "get that outta here."


Lately he wants more and more things in his crib at night time. We've gone from just Elmo and a blanket to Elmo, a blanket, Cookie Monster, a choo-choo, an elephant, a giraffe and sometimes a book. I usually rock him for a few minutes and he tries to hold as many of those things in his little arms as he can.

We took him to the lake back in July for a little get together with our college friends. He was not a fan of the water. He did pretty well on the boat. However, he got really upset when Nate got in the water to ride the tube or ski. He would say, "Dadda fall down," and then cry.
This picture pretty much sums up his lake experience.The most impressive thing about him, I think, is that he seems to be potty training himself. AWESOME! He's in the two year old class at school and most of them "go potty" so he started to be very interested in trying. He peed in the potty one day at school and has done it several times since. This past weekend he pooped in the potty TWICE in one day! I was told not to even try with him until he's three, that boys were really hard to train. But now that he's so interested I'm trying to find three days to go through the intense potty training book thing. I think he'll get it if we just focus on it for a few days. But I'll have to take off work for that. Our pediatrician says if he's interested then just go for it, and don't look back!

No comments: