Here's the rundown -- First up, homemade apple butter.
Finally, an excuse to use my Pampered Chef Apple Peeler Corer Slicer!!!
It makes such perfect little slices
Then into the crockpot with a bunch of sugar, cinnamon and spices. Cook on low for ...
2 hours... make that...
6 hours... or maybe...
10 hours!! Yup.. think that's about right.
The recipe says to use an immersion blender, but I don't have one so I poured it all into a food processor. Blended it all up and then put it into 4 oz jars for gifts -- it filled 12 jars and one tiny tupperware bowl. I didn't technically jar it... by boiling the jars. I just put the lids on and then froze it until ready to give.Then it was cookie time -- I made more than 150 gingerbread faces and tiny little men. I found the idea for the faces on Bakerella -- hers are cuter than mine -- But I also use buttercream and she uses royal icing.. Royal icing makes prettier cookies, but I think it tastes gross.
In fact, I still have some unused gingerbread dough in my freezer if anyone wants it.. It freezes for up to 6 months I believe.Up next -- 130 candy cane cookies with buttercream icing. These are my FAVORITE!!!
After you have made about 15 HC sticks (that's all I got out of it) then you will have a lot of marshmallow left. We drink a lot of hot chocolate so I just cut the rest into squares and put it in a baggy.
Perfect and DELICIOUS!!!
No wonder I've gained a little weight lately!I didn't only bake -- I also I figured out that I can sew--- kind of. I got a sewing machine about 3 years ago for Christmas and have barely pulled it out of the box out of fear. I had no idea how to use it. A few months ago I read the manual. Then I found this pattern for a bag I wanted to make for Brixton.
Before I made his I bought all of this and decided to make one for our little friend Haylie's birthday.
I originally wanted the sewing machine so I could hem my pant legs (because I'm not petite, but I'm too short for "regular" length pants). I can now say that I have hemed one pair of pants.
I would love to take a baking break but as we speak I'm baking a baby shower cake and planning to bake some baby shower cookies in a couple of weeks.. I think I will just keep it to about a dozen this time.
Hope you all enjoyed the holidays.
6 comments:
Wow! Can I come to your house! You worked some awesome magic last month!
You were busy! Where did all this goodness go?? Also, I love love love this bag. We haven't used it yet because I don't want her to mess it up - but don't worry, we will break it in soon. :)
Wow! I didnt know youwere sucha baker!
Impressive!
Wow! That is awesome! Where did you find the pattern for the bag?
VERY impressed! You should make a cooking blog...yum your food looks great!
AND That bag is awesome! I am amazed that you work a full time job, you are a mom, and you did all this!! you totally inspire me! I think I wanna go buy a sewing machine now. :)
Post a Comment