Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Been An Exciting Few Weeks...

around our house -- not only have I been working like crazy on the basement floor (it's not done yet -- I will post when it is) -- but we have had LOTS of fun. The best part is we did all of this for pretty cheap thanks to gift cards and free tickets from work!
First, we took B to his first 3-D movie The Lorax. I thought it was such a cute movie. And we were the only ones in the theatre so it was perfect because we could talk as loudly as we wanted without worrying about bothering others. We had two giftcards to AMC theatres and almost used both -- I didn't know 3-D movies were so much more expensive.
Both Brixton and Nate got sick -- strep throat and ear infection -- poor kid. We didn't know he was sick until he started acting really lathargic at church -- he even fell asleep sitting up. Poor kid!

We had Thunder tickets from Nate's company so we took B to his first Thunder game. It was a little loud so we tried to make earplugs out of a napkin. It worked for a little while -- but then he pulled them out.
The I had tickets from work to the Shrine Circus. I think the circus is weird, but it was fun -- Brixton's favorite part was the train ride.
See how happy this kid is...
We also went to the zoo TWICE -- once with our friends Haylie and Jace and once with my parents and Brixton's cousins. So much fun! Hard to believe I actually got quite a bit of work in on the basement floor. I did have some delays on the floor -- if only I had searched YouTube earlier I could have saved myself two days of worthless work!! Hopefully I can finish up some in the next two weeks -- yup that much of a delay.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Treasure those moments!

Sorry about the worthless work - I've been calling the shower my husband's redoing the "youtube shower" because he has been watching instructional videos each step of the way - LOL

Erin said...

I hate it when home projects take longer than expected and especially when you find out you wasted time!!! But I'm glad you guys are doing some fun things in between.

Alyssa said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun and being very productive! What a great combo.