Wednesday, November 14, 2012

So, Brixton Turned Three

And I haven't blogged about him in a long time. So, get ready, here goes...

We took him for his three year check up and he did great. He got a flu shot and was pretty devestated after that. We also found out he had strep throat. We had no idea! He never had a fever and never complained about his throat. I think we just caught it really early.
Anyway, he is 38 inches tall (64th percentile) and 39 pounds (90 something percentile) his head, as usual, is basically at the top of the chart. Poor kid.
The nurse tried to get him to pee in a cup and he said, "We don't pee in a cuuup! We pee in the potty!" The next week he asked to pee in a cup.
He was supposed to get a chicken pox vaccine too, but I mentioned something about my Remicade to his pediatrician and she said she won't give him the vaccine until I clear it with my doctor. Apparently, if your kid gets the vaccine it could cause them to break out in a highly contagious rash, which since I now have a suppressed immune system could be extremely dangerous for me. Basically if he got the rash I would have to stay away from him completely for anywhere from 2-4 weeks. Glad his doctor was on top of that.

He had a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. Here's his cake...
Not nearly as fancy as last year, but I was going for simple this year.
My mom and dad gave him a small trampoline -- it's made for smaller kids and he can get in and out of it by himself without a ladder. He LOVES it!

After his birthday was Halloween -- again Buzz Lightyear.  There's a bit of an obsession to Buzz right now.


He had a blast at the Trunk or Treat and even found Woody.

I took him with me to vote this year and he was awesome while we waited in line for 45 minutes. I love this picture. He said, "Momma, we going on a boat?" Nate made him a little ballot so he could cast his vote. I won't tell you who he voted for, but it was not the same person I voted for.

I did live shots at our polling place that night and he and Nate came to visit me.
Just some random pictures now.
This kid cracks me up! He's developing quite the accent these days. He says thang, mailk, shay-re and pretty much any Okie word. 
He's very head strong and so smart.
He's extremely happy and loveable.
He always wants to know why we are laughing. Sometimes if we laugh when he does/says something he'll say, "What'd I say?" Nate won't tell him because he doesn't want him to just say that one funny thing all the time. Although now just him asking about it cracks us up.
I usually cut his hair, but we've let it get a little longer and just needed it shaped up. I didn't think I could do that so we took him for a real haircut. He was so good for this lady and did everything she asked.
We call this his "squeaky thing" hat. He calles the little green aliens in Toy Story sqeaky things. Just calling this a squeaky thing hat makes him want to wear it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe all our babies are (or about to be) 3!!! That is so crazy to me. I love your little guy. He is so sweet!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Such a cute post and I can tell you love him very much! Happy happy birthday to Brixton!