Sunday, November 3, 2013

Birthday Fun

I can't believe it, but Brixton turned 4 back on October 25th! He's such a big kid now. I love this age. I love the crazy things he says and I love his little personality. I love that he wants to say the prayer at dinner and that he is nice to other kids. We had our first parent teacher conference on his birthday. I was really curious what she would say about him but it was all good. She said he is nice to everyone and has never met a stranger. He's also a compassionate kid, which makes my heart happy. I love that he wants to help others. He doesn't hold a pencil correctly and doesn't seem to know the color brown, but that's OK.

We had a birthday party for him the day after his birthday. I was a little worried about who would come because he is friends with everyone. There are 19 kids in his preschool class. Fortunately his teacher said I did not have to give invitations to everyone. Although he still is friends (judged by the names I actually knew) with 10 of the kids.

We had a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party. Nate drew this awesome treasure map.

Started with a scavenger hunt, in which Nate dressed up as a pirate and led the kids through these clues. 
At each stop they got some sort of treat, such as candy, tattoo, bubbles and the final was the treasure chest full of cupcakes. 

These were our pirate clues... 


  




Each kid got a back which was basically their goody bag, and they filled it as we went. 
 
 I had this "treasure chest" from Christmas years ago and was glad to find an awesome use for it. The cupcakes all had chocolate coins in them (which I found at Hobby Lobby). 

We had a great time!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the day. We love Beckett... such a sweet kid.
Some friends... 


 
Once the scavenger hunt was over, we had cupcakes and then opened presents. Everyone was then free to dig for treasure of walk the plank or go home. It was fun and one great part was almost immediately after the last guest left it started raining. Stayed dry for the whole party though.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

What a great party! I think parties at home make for special creativity and memories! Although I know sometimes you just have to go elsewhere.

Erin said...

Haylie LOVED this party. She wore her pirate tattoo for the next week!