Sunday, November 2, 2014

An Old Hobby Revisited

I used to LOVE to bake!! Used to... Then my Crohn's got crazy bad and I had to stop -- things with lots of sugar cause me lots of pain and since I always have to taste what I make I had to hold off.

Then came this note from Brixton's teacher.

Two dozen sugar cookies to decorate!! How did she know that cut-out cookies were my thing. I debated on changing it up, trying something new. But I knew my old recipe was the best and these kids don't have the same concerns I do so off I went to the store to refill my cabinet with white flower.  EEEK!

I still had fun and I was able to resist the urge to try them.


I signed up to help with the party too. I was assigned to help the kids decorate cookies.
I don't know this little girl. I think her name is Bella. Her mom told me the little gal talks about Brixton at home and her mom thinks she has a crush on him based on how she talks about him.

That's little girl number 2 from his class... The other little gal's mom told me that her daughter always draws pictures of herself and Brixton and occasionally she draws herself in a wedding dress. Guess he's the Pre-K heart-throb. I'll try not to worry until his teen years.
Oh, and I did eat ONE cookie

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I love to bake too! Your cookies look great despite your not doing it for a while!