We went to the doctor a week ago and he said everything looks great. Then he pulled out this device to listen to the heartbeat (something we had not done at the doctor up to this point). He quickly found it and looked at me with this --isn't that the most exciting thing you've ever heard-- expression. I just shrugged and said, "Yup. We have one of those at home."
Thanks Lisa Bialon. She loaned us her doppler a few weeks ago so we can hear this.....
...anytime we want. So, even though I was glad to know that the doctor could hear it and that what we were hearing was in fact the same thing, I just didn't feel the need to get excited.
Now back to the 9 pounds. A girl at work (who is my friend) asked me this week how far along I was and then said, "You're going to be pretty big!" First of all, I know!! Second of all, even though she's my friend and should be able to honestly say stuff like that I really wasn't ready to hear it.
4 comments:
Oh boo you look awesome so don't let people tell you how big you'll be! So according to the heartbeat are you thinking it's a boy or girl since you probably listen to it a lot?? :)
I saw you on the news this morning and you look great! I looked horrible and tired all the time when I was still sick. I have heard so many negative comments from people (even strangers) and it still really bothers me. Everyone has their "opinion" and its just silly. You look beautiful and you will still look beautiful no matter how big you get. stupid people.
Well, I've had people tell me a higher heart rate typically means a girl, but there is one girl who said her baby's heart rate was always really high and she had a boy. So.. I'm not sure.
Post a Comment