Tuesday, February 12, 2013

13.5 Pounds ... An Update

When I went to the doctor a while back he had said I needed to gain 3-5 pounds because I have lost so much. I really did try, but then I went to my infusion and was down another pound. Last Friday, I went to the doctor and I was 1/2 pound lighter than at my infusion. So frustrating! I really did try to gain weight.
My doctor and I had a good talk and we decided since there weren't other issues (aka warning signs of a serious side effect) then he would accept my weight if I'm OK with it.
I think I'm OK with it.
I have now lost 13.5 pounds since this time last year. None of my clothes fit (except some hand me downs Ali Meyer just gave me) and I'm cheap so buying clothes makes my head spin. However, now that my doctor has said it is OK to stay where I am weight wise then I am going to have to start shopping. I'm going to hang on to my current clothes (mainly pants) just in case I do gain some weight back. Good thing my birthday is next week because I'm asking everyone for new clothes!
And this is happening...
 Channel 4 is doing a story on me and my Chron's "battle."
 I actually volunteered because I think we should bring awareness about this disease.
 So, one of our photographers has been following me around to drs appointments and infusions and of course to the dinner table.
I don't know when it will be on but I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, let us know when it's on! I'm proud of you for increasing awareness and letting the world see you guys praying too!

Erin said...

I'm glad they are doing a story and I hope they include the shot of you guys praying. That would be awesome to share your faith like that. I want to watch it so keep us posted!

Teagan W said...

Your the besst