Monday, August 3, 2009

Celebrate!!

Many people who know Nate and I know that we are part of the Celebrate Recovery program at Memorial Road, though most people don't really know why we are there.
Well, here's your chance to find out.. that is if you were curious. This Friday, I'm giving my testimony at CR. Anyone is welcome to come (well, almost anyone. For now I am going to ask that my family not come).
Large group starts at 7:00 in the Summit at MRCC. So, you'll just hear my story, not Nate's (though there is plenty about him within mine).
If you've always wondered about CR, what it is, who it's for and what in the world goes on there... then come on out Friday. I will say there have been many testimonies far more powerful and life changing than mine, but let's not forget God works in everyone's life no matter how "big" your hurts habits and hang-ups are.
On this note I just want to say CR is a place for everyone. I firmly believe that we all have something in our lives that holds us back from fully opening ourselves up to God and to those around us. CR is where you can be who you are. No one wears their "Sunday morning church mask." It's real people with real problems real trials and real pain who are able to share that each and every week without feeling as if they are burdening those around them. There truly is healing within this program even for those who only struggle with what the world may consider "the small things," but the great thing is it's for those who struggle with "the big things" too.

5 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

sorry Im missing it!! You will do Great and I will be praying for you. Many will be touched by it im sure... Love and thinking about you!!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Can't wait to hear it!! You are going to do great. Thanks for everything you guys do to make Celebrate Recovery!!

Kayla said...

I'm excited!

Shelly said...

Good luck. I am sure there will be many that will be touch and even changed by your words. I miss coming. Maybe I can get back at some point!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I just may have to try to come to hear you! You will do great!