Monday, May 28, 2012

Catching Up: Meal Time

Wow! I am so far behind!! I have to say I'm a little glad the end of the month is almost here. While it has been lots of fun to try new things I am quickly getting burned out on running to the grocery store for ingredients that I don't just stock in my kitchen (because it seems like no matter how detailed my grocery list I still forget something.)

On to the meals... First up, Crab Rangoon. There is no link for this. You see, this is an item I pinned but never checked the link. Sure enough it went to some Weight Watchers page and I couldn't find the recipe without some sort of membership. Since I was making stir fry that night and wanted these to go with it I just googled Crab Rangoon and made some random recipe that I didn't save the link for. Oops. Mine did not turn out pretty (I blame my oven, but that's another post). However, they tasted pretty good.
Next up, Paula Dean Mexican Chicken Casserole. This was SUPER easy to make. I actually forgot to add the tomatoes until it was almost all assembled. So I had to dissassemble the whole thing, add tomatoes and re-assemble it. Talk about messy.
It tasted pretty good.
Next up, Melt In Your Mouth Chicken. The recipe on my pin differs a little from the one in the link so I went with the one in the link. This really was yummy. Nate could taste the mayo but still thought it was good. You basically coat the chicken with this mixture of mayo and parmesan cheese and then bake it for 45 minutes.
Mine is not as pretty as the pinned on, but it tasted just as good.




The next recipe inspired this awesome Tweet from my husband

Inspired by this picture


These were delicious and SOOOO easy! We ate each and every one of them.
I made these fried pickles to go with the pizza rolls. They were good, but I ran into a MAJOR problem. See how dark they are, almost burned. Well, at my old house it took forever to heat oil for frying. Not at the new house. The stove (and oven) have all of their temperature markings rubbed off so your guess is as good as mine as to how to turn the heat down. Well, I heated the oil and these fried within about 30 seconds. I tried to turn it down or what I thought was down (turning the knob that way has always turned the heat down before) but I turned around to get the next batch and the oil started smoking and turning black. I thought it was going to catch fire so I quickly removed it from the heat and decided the rest of the pickles would just not get fried. I really like fried pickles so I was sad about this.

Lastly for today, homemade Ranch Dressing.

We dipped the pickles in this and then later used some of it for Grilled Chicken salads. Definitely a great ranch recipe. I accidentally doubled the recipe so needless to say we have a bunch of it!

Just a few more days to go.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, yeah. Pizza rolls do look good! I'm going to check out that Ranch recipe.