Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pinterest Meals: Days 3 & 4

Keeping up with the blogging of this may be one of the hardest parts even though the posts have so far been pretty short. What I've found so far is that I generally don't have or don't like at least one ingredient -- so my versions vary a little from the sites I got them from. It works for my family.

Thursday we had Salsa Chicken. A crock pot meal! Love those. You just put frozen chicken in the crockpot, cover it with taco seasoning...
Then mix Cream of Chicken soup and Salsa (I used homemade salsa). Pour that over the chicken and then cook on high for 4 hours.
After 4 hours shred the chicken. I used another Pinterest idea here and used my stand mixer to shred the chicken. Such an awesome idea!
The recipe says to add sour cream before serving, but I left that out. I don't like sour cream.
Then wrap it up in a tortilla and eat.
This was a pretty yummy meal. I think if I make it again I may roll up the tortillas and then make the chicken sauce from the nachos and pour that over these to serve.

On to day four...

On Friday nights we go to Celebrate Recovery. They serve dinner there so I didn't plan Friday dinners, but we are both off on Fridays so I planned lunch.
This may be the easiest spinach dip recipe I have found yet. I love that it uses Greek yogurt. You just mix the yogurt, mayo, cheeses, spinach, artichokes, salt and pepper together. Pour in to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. This does call for shallots, but I can never find those at the grocery store so we didn't have any in this dip.
Yum!! I love spinach dip

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, spinach dip is one of my favorites too! I think my recipe is made with cream cheese...should try the Greek yogurt in it!