Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Out Of Remission

I have this chronic illness that i have dealt with for a few years now. I was diagnosed in 2007 and put on some strong medication. Basically I would get really severe pains all the time but especially after eating

After about 6 months my dr considered me in remission. Basically I was no longer in severe pain and could take a regular medicine to keep it under control. That regular medicine involved me taking 2 pills 3 times a day every day for the rest of my life because there's no cure.

I did great for a while, but life changed. I became a working mom and trying to balance everything. Taking care of myself has taken a backseat.

Well, now I'm paying for it. In February my pains returned. I went to my dr and he put me back on a steroid. I did not do good at taking it and in May had to admit that to my dr. So, he gave me a second chance. I took the medicine every day! Even got a chip for it at CR. I was supposed to finish it last week. However, as I was tapering off my pain came back.

So now I'm going through tests and may have to have surgery. I have a big test tomorrow (Wednesday) and hopefully will know by the end of tomorrow if I need surgery or just a stronger medicine.

While I wait to find out I would appreciate any prayers. Prayers for me to feel better again. Prayers for a cure.

Thanks

3 comments:

Krystle OBryan said...

praying for you... Please let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear! I will pray for you.

Alyssa said...

We love you and will pray for you to feel better soon. And we will pray for a cure.