Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Baby Trends

Apparently, I have big babies who like to freak me out and try to come early.

Back in 2009, I ended up hospitalized because Brixton tried to come at 32 weeks. Labor was stopped and then he was born at 34 weeks and 6 days.

He was also huge, considering he was early. He weighed 6.11, at 5 weeks early.



Friday, I went to my latest appointment with the high risk doctor (whom I see because I had Brixton early and because of my Crohn's). Well, looks like baby girl is on the same track as her big brother. I'm not dialated, but my cervix has thinned enough that he felt it necessary to go ahead and give me steroid injections to help her lungs develop a little faster. I've also been put on light duty at work, nothing strenuous and be off my feet more than on, which also happened with Brixton. She is also estimated to weigh 4 pounds 11 ounces. I saw in an old post Brixton was estimated to be about 5 pounds at this same point.

Looking back at my pre-term labor weeks with B has helped to calm my mind some. With him I walked around for a couple of weeks dilated to a 4 and 60-70% effaced with contractions frequently. I am having contractions already but they are not anywhere near that regular and I'm not yet dilated.

I'm thinking my September due date is out. Right now, my goal is to just make it to August. I also have a baby shower at the end of July that I would really like to make it to as well.

I'm not getting much sleep. I can tell this little girl is really going to like being awake around 3am. We'll have to work on that.

We did get a little peak at her Friday. She appears to have a good amount of hair, which may explain the excessive heartburn I've had. She tried hard to hide her face. She's face down and really low but after some poking she turned a little and we could see part of her face. She also liked to keep her foot in her eye. Guess it's getting a little cramped in there.



Another trend, her nursery is far from done. It is farther along than Brixton's was at this point. I ordered fabric to make her curtains and a quilt and I'm still waiting on it to arrive. I'm not worried though because she'll sleep in a bassinet in our room for the first few weeks so we have time to finish everything up.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It's getting exciting! I'll be praying she stays in there for a while longer!